This is a project that provides an automatic configuration of your GNOME desktop just in one click, with the backup and restoring support.
The main goal of this projects is to create the most complete dark theme for the GNOME desktop with easy installation experience.
You must have this stuff installed on your system before you’ll start:
Murrine GTK engine 0.98.0 or higher
Droid Sans Font
Nautilus Elementary (optional)
The pack contains the following stuff :
GUI utility to configure your desktop
Icon theme: Elegant-AwOken based on the AwOken icon set by alecive
GTK+ theme: Elegant GTK theme v 4.0
Cursor Theme: Neutral++ by ducakar
Wallpaper: gDIGE by *Muscarr
Keyboard layout indicator flags
Google Chrome theme by Jorge Carrillo
Google Chrome scrollbar extension
Google Chrome selection extension
Pidgin buddy list theme by Szabo Istvan
Ubuntu Lucid/Maverick and Linux Mint 9/10 installation instructions:
1. Install Elegant GNOME:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:elegant-gnome/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
a)sudo apt-get install elegant-gnome
b)sudo apt-get install elegant-gnome-mint
2. Go to “Applications -> Accessories -> Elegant GNOME”
1. Install Nautilus Elementary: (optional)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade 2. Run Elegant GNOME app
3. Choose Configure Nautilus -> Nautilus Elementary
To install the pack from sources:
1. Download the archive and extract it
2. Open the terminal and cd to the extracted directory.
3. Run the command “make “(e.g. “make ubuntu”).
run “make help” to see the available variants.
4. Run the command “sudo make install”.
5. Go to “Applications -> Accessories -> Elegant GNOME”.
6. Optional step. If you use the Nautilus Elementary:
a) Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Elegant GNOME
b) Choose “Configure Nautilus”
c) Select “Nautilus Elementary”
To remove the pack:(installed from sources)
1. Open the terminal and cd to the extracted directory.
2. Run the command “sudo make uninstall”
To install the Google Chrome theme:
1. Download and extract the “Google Chrome” archive
2. Drag and drop the *.crx files into the Google Chrome window.