To date, OpenGTS™ has been downloaded and put to use in over 90 countries around the world to track many 1000’s of vehicles/assets around all 7 Continents. The types of vehicles and assets tracked include taxis, delivery vans, trucks/trailers, farm equipment, personal vehicles, service vehicles, containers, ships, ATVs, personal tracking, cell phones, and more.
While OpenGTS™ was designed to fill the needs of an entry-level fleet tracking system, it is also very highly configurable and scalable to larger enterprises as well.
OpenGTS not only supports the data collection and storage of GPS Tracking and Telemetry data from remote devices, but also includes the following rich set of features:
- Web-based authentication: Each account can support multiple users, and each user has its own login password and controlled access to sections within their account.
- GPS tracking device independent: Devices from different manufacturers can be tracked simultaneously. Support for the following GPS tracking devices is included with OpenGTS:
- Aspicore GSM Tracker (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson phones)
- Sanav GC-101, MT-101, and CT-24 Personal Tracker (HTTP-based protocol)
Sanav GX-101 Vehicle Tracker (HTTP-based protocol)
- V-Sun 3338 Personal Tracker
- Certain Boost Mobile phones (OpenDMTP compliant)
- Android App “GPS2OpenGTS“
- HP hw6965 Windows/CE phone (OpenDMTP compliant)
- Mologogo capable phones
- “GPSMapper” capable phones.
- “NetGPS” capable devices.
- iCare G3300 Personal Tracker
- TAIP (Trimble ASCII Interface Protocol)
- TrackStick GPS data logger
With custom coding, other devices can also be integrated as well using the included example “template” device communication server.
- Customizable web-page decorations: The look and feel of the tracking web site can easily be customized to fit the motif of the specific company.
- Customizable mapping service: OpenGTS comes with support for OpenLayers/OpenStreetMap in addition to support for Google Maps, Microsoft Virtual Earth, and Mapstraction (which provides mapping support for MultiMap, Map24, MapQuest, and more). Within the OpenGTS framework, other mapping service providers can also easily be integrated.
- Customizable reports: Using an internal XML-based reporting engine, detail and summary reports can be customized to show historical data for a specific vehicle, or for the fleet.
- Customizable geofenced areas: Custom geofenced areas (geozones) can be set up to provide arrival/departure notification (additional coding may be required). Each geozone can also be named to provide a custom ‘address’ which is displayed on reports when inside the geozone (for instance “Main Office”).
- Operating system independent: OpenGTS itself is written entirely in Java, using technologies such as Apache Tomcat for web service deployment, and MySQL for the datastore. As such, OpenGTS will run on any system which supports these technologies (including Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and more).
- i18n Compliant: OpenGTS is i18n compliant and supports easy localization (L10N) to languages other than English. Languages supported currently include Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Serbian, and Turkish.